My sister and nephews were unexpectedly coming over for breakfast last weekend and I needed to whip up something for the kids and mommies to enjoy. The answer: Strawberry and cream cheese breakfast pastries!
I’m the type of gal that prefers to make everything from scratch, but there was no time! Thankfully, I looked through my fridge and found the ingredients I needed. All three of them.
Firstly, crescent roll dough. America’s Test Kitchen may disagree with me, but whatever brand you have is fine. Honestly.
Next, you need a filling for your breakfast pastries. I wish I had a pie filling around, but I didn’t. Instead, I used our absolute favorite strawberry jam, which is made locally. It taste like Grandma’s refrigerator jam and that’s no lie!
I used cream cheese in my pastries, but you could use anything that strikes your fancy. Ooo, what about brie?! Save it for a future post, Sara.
Let the cream cheese soften and spread it onto each triangle of dough.
Put a teaspoon of filling at the wide end of the dough and roll the pastries up. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. I will tell you some of the jam leaked out and so I was extra thankful for the parchment paper. Less cleanup!
Bake the pastries according to the dough package instructions. They should be golden brown.
Allow your strawberry breakfast pastries to cool. Then scarf! I hope you enjoy and experiment with fun new flavors.
Strawberry Breakfast Pastries
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 4 TBSP softened cream cheese
- 8 tsp strawberry jam
- Open can of crescent roll dough, separate each triangle and lay on a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Spread 1/2 TBSP softened cream cheese on each pastry triangle
- Add 1 tsp jam on the wide end of each pastry
- Roll each pastry up, starting at the wide end with the jam
- Bake per dough package instructions until each pastry is golden brown
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before eating